Where do the ‘ladies who lunch’ lunch?
With so many excellent restaurants springing up all over Marbella, serving everything from Tex-Mex, Indian and Chinese to French cuisine, traditional Spanish fare and typical Scandinavian delicacies, it can often be a struggle to choose where to dine – especially if there is a group of you.
We’re going to take a look at some of our favourites; from the most child-friendly spots to the most romantic hideaways, the best beach dining, top spots for brunch, the ultimate sunset locations and those restaurants with the loveliest views – just to make your choices a little easier!
This week we’re compiling our favourite spots for ladies who lunch:
Oh yes, the ladies of Marbella are an elegant breed; immaculately presented, effortlessly stylish, cool, classy, fashionable and oh so sociable. Whether they’re meeting for business or for pleasure, the ladies of Marbella like to lunch!
1) The MC Café, The Marbella Club Hotel’s most casual dining spot, has long been a favourite lunchtime choice for Marbella socialites. Boasting a varied lunchtime menu, along with the inimitable location of the hotel’s grounds plus of course its impeccable reputation for service and a chic but relaxed atmosphere, this is still the top pick for a ladies’ luncheon.
2) The Organic Café. Located right next to the Kasser Rassu Art Gallery on the Golden Mile, this is one of Marbella’s newest restaurants and already one of its most loved. Its open-plan layout has been beautifully designed, with an assortment of mix-matched furniture, long wooden tables and benches, pretty wrought iron tables and chairs, a fresh deli counter and a variety of jarred and packaged organic produce, as well as fresh groceries. There is a lovely kids area with books, toys and chalkboard for children to play, and the menu offers a great variety of organic vegetarian dishes, fresh juices and smoothies – bringing a touch of New York deli to Marbella.
3) Dezentral. This striking modern café is a firm favourite with the fashionable ladies of Marbella. Whether it’s for a foamy cappuccino and oatmeal muffin or roast beef sandwich, goulash and coconut water, this trendy little café is a hotspot for working lunches as well as girly catch-ups. Nestled in a superb central location (Andalucía Plaza) Dezentral boasts a stunning, slick interior as well as a grassy garden out front.
4) Magna Café. Perched upon its hilltop, overlooking Nueva Andalucía’s picturesque golf valley, this airy restaurant is a delightful spot for a leisurely group lunch. Boasting a vast wraparound terrace with plenty of outdoor shade, as well as a cool, comfortable interior with plush sofas and armchairs, Magna Café is another clear favourite across the board for its eclectic menu, wonderful service, warm atmosphere and attractive design. The exclusive atmosphere does nothing to diminish its appeal either.
5) La Casita. Less central than the others, this restaurant is situated in the picturesque urbanisation of La Heredia on the Ronda Road. Although somewhat removed from the hustle and bustle of Marbella and Puerto Banús, this quaint little eatery is one of the preferred lunch choices of well-heeled Marbella socialites. Nestled in a pretty, cobbled development with traditional Andalusian architecture and overgrown wisteria, La Casita is renowned for its excellent cuisine, boasting an exciting fusion á la carte menu as well as a great value lunch menu. And it is the ideal spot for friends to enjoy a delicious meal in the peace and tranquillity of its attractive surroundings.